Blueberry Lemon Scones - Gluten Free
- 2 1/2 Cups Almond Flour
- 1/2 Cup coconut Sugar (can sub white sugar)
- 2 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1/2 Stick Butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 Tablespoons Heavy Cream
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla
- 3/4 Cup Dried, fresh or frozen Blueberries
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F
- Place butter in freezer for 30 minutes-remove from freezer right before using
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside
- In a large mixing bowl, combine almond flour, coconut sugar, lemon zest, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Set aside
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the beaten eggs, vanilla and cream
- Using a box grater, grate the frozen butter into the flour mixture and combine with spoon or your hands.
- Pour egg mixture into the flour mixture and combine
- Gently fold in the blueberries
- Turn out the dough onto the cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. The dough will be wet and sticky.
- Form an 8 inch disc
- Using a large chefs knife, cut the dough into eight triangles, just like a pizza. Clean the knife with a damp paper towel after each cut.
- Carefully work the knife under each scone and separate them slightly.
- Bake 12-14 minutes until tops are barely golden brown.
- Transfer to a cooling rack to cool.
- Store in an airtight container.