Jalapeño Cheddar Scones
- 2 and 1/2 Cups Almond Flour
- 2 and 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1/3 Cup Heavy Cream
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 Cup (one-half stick) Unsalted Butter (frozen)
- 1 Cup diced (1/8 inch) sharp cheddar (can sub shredded cheddar)
- 1/2 Cup (1/8 inch) Diced Pickled Jalapeños
- Place the butter in freezer for 30 minutes
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and cream and set aside
- In a large mixing bowl, combine almond flour, baking powder, salt and garlic powder
- Remove butter from freezer and grate on a box grater
- Using your hands, combine the butter with the almond flour mixture.
- Add your cream and egg mixture to the almond flour mixture and stir to make a loose, wet dough.
- Stir in the cheddar and jalapeños
- Using your hands, form a ball with the dough and flatten into an 8-inch disc on the baking sheet
- Using a large, sharp knife (8" or 10" chef knife is a great option) cut the scone dough into 8 even triangles. (like a pizza) Clean your knife after each cut with paper towel or clean dish cloth
- Using the knife, slide it gently under each scone and pull back slightly so they are each separated by about 1 inch.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until the tops are golden.