Korean Short Ribs
Yields: 4 servings
- 1 and 1/2 pounds Flanken Cut Short Ribs
- 1/2 Cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 and 1/2 Tablespoons Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons White Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Sriacha
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 1 Small Shallot, minced
- 2 Large Garlic Cloves, grated on a zester
- 1 Tablespoon Grated Ginger (or Ginger Paste)
- Cilantro and Sliced Green Onions, for garnish
- Rinse and pat dry Short Ribs, checking for any bone shards
- Combine the Soy Sauce, Rice Vinegar, both Sugars, Sriacha, Sesame Oil, Shallot, Garlic, Ginger or Ginger Paster in a One Gallon Zip Lock bag. Seal and shake to combine.
- Add ribs to marinade, making sure all are evenly coated.
- Seal bag well and place in baking dish (just in case it leaks)
- Marinate in fridge overnight.
- One hour prior to cooking, remove from fridge and allow meat to come to room temperature.
- Preheat a grill to high heat-about 450 degrees.
- Grill ribs 3-4 minutes each side to desired doneness.
- Serve immediately garnished with green onions and cilantro.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes + 24 Hours (to marinate)
- Cook time: 6-8 minutes