Hi there! Welcome!
I am soooo glad you stopped by my favorite little corner of the interwebs. My name is Amanda, and my days are filled with my real estate business, kindergarten field trips, soccer practice, baby snuggles and fulfilling my innate need for a daily creative practice by cooking, photographing and writing for this here little blog.
I am insanely lucky to live in the gorgeous Texas Hill Country with my handsome hubby and our two adorable (and BUSY) little boys. I fall head over heels for food with big flavors that doesn’t take all doggone day in the kitchen. My kitchen is my happy place, and I would gladly spend all day there, but you know… children, work, life!
There are those who eat to live, and there are those who live to eat. It might be an easy guess, hubby and I fall into the latter category. If you relate, but yet, you don’t have the time or patience to cook from Julia Child’s cookbooks everyday, welcome- you have found your people. Hi, friend!
A few things you should know before you dive in to the archives to find your new favorite recipes:
- We cook whole food, seasonal dishes with big flavors. Subtlety is not my game.
- I will add booze to food at any given opportunity. It’s an easy way to amp up a flavor profile. And an excellent excuse to cook with a cocktail.
- I worship at the feet of the grocer who thought to sell pre-chopped veggies and pre-peeled garlic. I refuse to give up eating good food just because my life is busy, and I will take any shortcuts possible. (And share them all with YOU)
- I love to treat my family with desserts, but not the ones that are so sweet they make your teeth tingle. Our dessert recipes tend to be sweetened with coconut sugar, agave or honey. I’m not a fan of white sugar and use it sparingly.
- We live a relatively low carb lifestyle and our recipes reflect that. However, when we splurge, you can bet it’s gonna be good. (If you don’t believe me, go check out our Chicken Piccata.) In an effort to lower carbs (and add a little protein) to our baked goods, I like to use almond flour. So while I have no beef with gluten, a lot of our recipes are gluten free by default. Like our SCONES- so good, and healthy-ish. Choosing a favorite scone recipe is like choosing a favorite child- so here are links to both the Chocolate Chip scones and the Jalapeño Cheddar ones. Both worthy of Sunday brunch.
Thank you, thank you for being here! We are thrilled for you join our lovely little community of folks who love food, but maybe don’t have all day, or want to spend all day in the kitchen. To be sure you never miss a recipe, go plop your email into the box on our home page and we’ll send our Seven Days of Soup e-cookbook for free. Along with all our new recipes, of course.
Happy Cooking, friend!