Calling all the busy mamas of the world! These no bake energy bites are your new BFF. Why do we love these?
- They are packed with good-for-you stuff. Peanut butter and coconut for good fats and protein. Oats for soluble fiber. Chocolate because it’s good for our soul.
- Super convenient to pull out of the fridge when your toddler (or you) is about to cave because they need food RIGHT THIS MINUTE. (Does this happen to other adults besides me?)
- Healthy treat for kiddos that can totally masquerade as “cookie bites”. They are toddlers. They can’t read. They’ll never know these are good for them. All they know is that there is chocolate.
These no bake energy bites are an awesome project for involving your littles in the kitchen. They can help measure the chocolate chips (they’ll probably sneak a few), the coconut and the oats. They can also help stir (my four year old loves his Spiderman spatula more then air). And rolling them into balls is great fun for little hands. I love projects where my little guy can help in the cooking. We can teach our little people that super yummy treats don’t need to come out of a bag or a box filled with preservatives, etc. And they think we’re just cooking. Fooled them. 😉
This recipe makes about 20 (one-inch diameter) energy bites. Pop them into the freezer for about an hour to set and then keep in the fridge for your snacking enjoyment (and for fending off hangry attacks) for about a week. (But I bet they don’t last that long.)
Sneaky little hands. Someone was hungry. Or maybe hangry. These fixed it.
No Bake Energy Bites Recipe adapted from Gimme Some Oven. We simplify and cut way down on the honey- however, these are still delightfully sweet.
Looking for some other yummy treats you can feel good about feeding your family? Check out our Homemade Granola, Low Sugar Smoothie or our all time favorite- Chocolate Chip Scones.
No Bake Energy Bites
Super easy recipe for a healthy and delicious snack. Perfect for kiddos, busy mamas and just about anyone who likes chocolate and peanut butter!
- 1 Cup Old Fashioned Oats
- 1/2 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips (can sub regular chocolate chips)
- 1/3 Cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 2/3 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Chill mixture in fridge for 30 minutes. This will make it easier to form into bites.
- Scoop out one heaping tablespoon and using your hands, roll into an approximately 1" ball. Set onto the baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining mixture- recipe should make approximately 20 energy bites.
- Chill in freezer one hour to set.
- Store in fridge up to a week or in freezer up to one month