Hi Friends! Spring has pretty much sprung in the Texas Hill Country. Last weekend, my German farmer husband sniffed the air, decided we’ve seen the last freeze and planted our spring garden. He and our six year old spent all Saturday tilling the beds, adding worms, planting cucumbers, herbs, strawberries and I don’t even know what else. (I have a black thumb and I’m only in charge of cooking what comes OUT of the garden.) He did let me prune the lavender and the rosemary which did not make me unhappy as I spent the rest of the afternoon smelling like a spa. But, back to the garden- one of the constants is arugula. And my fave way to serve it is this super simple, but full of flavor Asian green salad.
It’s almost comical how easy it is. Grate a little fresh ginger and garlic- (tip-easiest way to peel fresh ginger is with a spoon), add a tiny drizzle of honey, lime juice and little sesame oil. Whisk with olive oil and toss with your greens. Done.
Our super duper, crazy easy Asian green salad is a week night go-to. I especially like when it keeps our Korean Short Ribs. company.
Add a scoop of quinoa, some avocado and grilled chicken or beef to turn this Asian green salad into a full on meal. There are tons of optional add ins to make it your own. Throw in some toasted pine nuts, mandarin orange segments, sesame seeds- go nuts.
Make this tonight or Pin it for later- but I hope you love this salad as much as we do! And I hope it makes your weeknight dinner routine a wee bit easier.
Simple Asian Greens
This simple Asian Green Salad is a quick and easy side dish full of flavor.
Yields: 4 side servings
- 4 Cups Baby Arugula
- 1/4 Teaspoon Freshly Grated Ginger
- 1/4 Teaspoon Freshly Grated Garlic
- 1/4 Teaspoon Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 Teaspoon Toasted Sesame Oil (or more to taste)
- pinch kosher salt
- pinch freshly ground black pepper
- Optional Add Ins
- Black and/or White Sesame Seeds
- Toasted Pine Nuts
- Mandarin Orange Segments
- In a medium bowl combine the garlic, ginger, honey and lime juice
- Add the olive oil and whisk to combine
- Add sesame oil and whisk to combine
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Add arugula and toss well
- Optional add ins- sesame seeds, toasted pine nuts, mandarin orange segments
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: none